This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
This is one of the best side dishes we’ve made. Roasted garlic Parmesan potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy was crazy easy to make, used simple ingredients, yet came out absolutely delicious. The idea for these roasted garlic Parmesan potatoes came to me after making roasted mushrooms with the same sauce. The sauce is so good I had to find other dishes that would use it, and here it is!
I like to partially cook my potatoes first before placing them into the Char-Broil Big Easy. It makes this dish easier and quicker. It also helps ensure that the potatoes in this roasted garlic Parmesan potatoes dish on the Char-Broil Big Easy are cooked evenly, and that’s important.
The sauce is amazing, and has quickly become one of our favorites.
You have to get a bunk bed basket for your Big Easy. Or get a two. You can get two in the cooker at once, but it takes some gymnastics. It’s the quickest way to double or triple the cooking area on your fryer.
Also try my garlic butter potatoes made on the Big Easy.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 Big Easy Bunk Bed basket highly recommended, for easier pan removal
For the potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes halved
- 4 small mushrooms sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
For the sauce
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning along with a few pinches each of salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Continue whisking while cooking for another 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in the vegetable broth.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and bring the mix to a slight simmer. Continue whisking as the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream, cheese and parsley and whisk until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes creamy and smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and stir often until the sauce is as thick as you want it. If you get it too thick add a bit more broth or cream and stir.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir, and keep warm until ready to use.
For the potatoes
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium high, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are just tender.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Gently stir in the sauce.
- Divide the potatoes between the two pans. Place one pan in the bottom of the Big Easy basket. Place the other in a bunk bed basket and transfer it to the Big Easy basket.
- Lower the basket into the Big Easy. Cook until the potatoes start to turn golden brown and the sauce begins to bubble.
- Carefully remove the pans from the Big Easy basket.
- Stir and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.