This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I’m a huge fan of hamburgers. Although I can enjoy a big thick-ole pub burger too, I’m always craving that thin diner-style patty with lightly crusty edges. No fancy toppings for me either. I’ll take ketchup, mustard and pickle, thank you very much. Yeah, sure, if I’m feeling adventurous I might add some onion or lettuce, but that’s where the craziness ends. Just give me that juicy, thin, hot patty topped with melted cheese and I’m one happy guy! And though I often cook my hamburgers on a grill, these Smash Burgers using the Cuisinart Griddler are outstanding too!
For me there are just a few things to keep in mind when making smash burgers using the Cuisinart Griddler. They’re easy, so no need to over-complicate them. First, get that Griddler flat plate hot. I mean hot hot. Screaming hot. Second, season the meat well and do not over-work it. Just loosely form it into balls. Don’t pack them. And last, smash! Smash! Push down on the top lid to smash them as flat as you can! That’s it! Enjoy!
Step your smash burgers up and slather them with some smash burger sauce.
The Griddler also makes tremendous steak sandwiches.
Smash Burgers using the Cuisinart Griddler
- Place the flat plates on your Griddler. Do not use the ridged sides. Heat your Griddler by turning the Selector to 'Grill-Panini' and the Grill-Panini knob to 'Sear'.
- While your Griddler is heating up, place the ground beef in a medium bowl. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Don't be shy with it!
- Divide the beef in half and form into 2 balls. Do not pack them tightly, just shape them enough so they are ball-like. They don't have to be perfect.
- Place the meat onto the griddle and close the top. Press down until the top cannot go any further. Smash them burgers!
- Cook the burgers for 4-6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Toast your hamburger buns, if desired, while the burgers are cooking.
- Open the griddle and top the patties with the cheese. Let melt slightly then remove to the buns.
- Top patties with pickles, squirt the ketchup and mustard on top. Add any desired other toppings and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.