These bacon and cheese stuffed mushrooms on the Char-Broil Big Easy are the perfect grilled appetizer. Tender mushrooms that still have a little ‘bite’ to them. The cheese mixture is fantastic. Three different cheeses and a little seasoning combine with bacon and bell pepper for bite after bite of deliciousness. I say ‘bite’, but if you use small mushrooms you can pop these little treats into your mouth like popcorn. Sure, I did.
These disposable Dutch oven pans are perfect for making these bacon and cheese stuffed mushrooms on the Char-Broil Big Easy. They’re the perfect size for this recipe and they’re the perfect size for the Big Easy basket or bunk bed basket. They’re sturdy so you don’t have to worry about them collapsing. I use them for a lot of my Big Easy dishes.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
You can pre-make these mushrooms by doing steps 1-8 then refrigerating the mushrooms for later. Then, when you’re ready to finish them, remove them from the fridge and let come to room temperature for 30 minutes before transferring to a pre-heated Big Easy to cook and heat thoroughly.
You can also make these on a grill.
Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 8 ounces mushrooms 12-16 small whole mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- kosher salt to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 slices bacon (plus more for garnish if desired) cooked and finely chopped
- ¼ green bell pepper (plus more for garnish if desired) very finely chopped
- cayenne pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- parsley chopped, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Spray a small disposable pan with non-stick spray.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Dip the mushrooms cap-side down into the butter and place onto the baking dish cap-side up.
- Pour the remaining butter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt. Bake 10 minutes. The mushrooms should just be soft and most of the water in them should be cooked out.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan, Mozzarella, bacon, bell pepper and a pinch or so of cayenne. Add salt to taste.
- Using a small spoon, gently fill each mushroom with the cheese mixture. Mound it up high. Place in a small disposable pan that will fit onto the Big Easy or place directly on a Big Easy basket or Bunk Bed Basket.
- Sprinkle tops of the mushrooms with paprika.
- Fire up your Big Easy and let it get good and hot.
- Transfer the basket and/or pan to a Big Easy basket and place into the cooker. Cook 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is hot.
- Garnish with more bacon, bell pepper and parsley if desired and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.