Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
This is how chicken is meant to be. Apple juice brined chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is everything you could hope for. Sure, it’s packed with flavor. But it’s much more than tasty. It’s incredibly tender and juicy. You’ll actually gasp with your first bite. How can it be so good?
So, if you follow this blog you know that I make a LOT of chicken on my Big Easy, and I do mean a lot. It is always great but this Apple Juice Brined Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is a step beyond great.
The soy sauce and garlic add just the right hint of Asian flavors to this apple juice brined chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. The brine takes care of everything else, keeping the meat perfect. All in all, I ended up cooking 12 split chicken breasts (in batches) that were marinated in this brine. The chicken is not just good as-is, but it also makes for fantastic chicken salad.
Apple Juice Brined Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Place the chicken in a large baggie or resealable container.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Fire up your Big Easy. Remove the chicken from the marinade and transfer to the Big Easy basket. Depending on the size of the chicken, you may have to cook them in batches or use a Big Easy bunk bed basket.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes per pound, or until the chicken reaches 165 F as measured in several places.
Nutritional values are approximate.