Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
This super easy marinated chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is exactly why I love using my oil-less fryer. I was serving salad for dinner, and wanted chicken to go with it. Not dried out, bland super market rotisserie chicken. Moist, tender flavor-packed chicken. And with as little fuss as possible. And this is it.
I don’t see any reason to use a super fru-fru Italian dressing in this easy marinated chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. I used a 16 ounce bottle of generic dressing from our local grocery store. For $1, it added the perfect flavor, tenderness and juiciness to my chicken. Use any dressing (or even bottled marinade) you like, but stay away from anything that contains sugar or sugar-like substances. Sugar will cause the outside of the chicken to burn long before the insides are done.
Need a side dish? Make some apple pie baked beans on the Big Easy.
Easy Marinated Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 large pieces chicken I used split chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing
- Rinse chicken and place into a large resealable container or baggie.
- Shake the bottle of dressing and add to container. Cover or seal and shake gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning the chicken once or twice to make sure all sides get time in the dressing.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket and place into the Big Easy.
- Roast for about 20 minutes per pound, or until breasts reach at least 165 F and dark meat reaches 175 F.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.