Anita and I are fans of the Cincinnati Reds. That can be tough at times. That’s why these baseball opening day candied cashews were double good. We needed a super-tasty treat to make up for what is destined to be a challenging season for our Reds. I made a big batch just to be sure we got maximum comforting. These crunchy sweet nuts were absolutely delicious and easy to make just in time for the game!
I used cashews because, well, they are what you can get a ballpark. But pecan halves would be amazing too. Or make a mix, half cashews, half pecans. Whatever you do, these baseball opening day candied cashews are amazing!
Baseball Opening Day Candied Cashews
Try this same recipe with pecans too! Or make a mix of your favorite nuts.
- 2 cups cashews whole (or halves if you prefer)
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 250 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg white and water into a small bowl beat until the mixture is frothy. Use a whisk or fork.
- Add the sugar, salt and cinnamon powder and stir to combine. Fold in the nuts, making sure to coat them completely.
- Transfer to the baking sheet, spreading the nuts out evenly but still touching.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture starts to brown and the nuts are toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Break up the nuts and transfer to a bowl for serving.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.