Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Mmmmmm. Tasty, moist, tender chicken. Montreal seasoning combines many of my favorite things: garlic, coriander, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dill seed, and salt. I made my Montreal chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy since it makes perfect chicken every single time. In fact, I cooked 6 chickens on one of my Big Easy’s just the other day.
It’s optional, but I went the beer can route with my Montreal chicken. It’s not any harder to do on the Big Easy than ‘regular’ chicken. Just add a bit of seasoning to an open beer can, insert, and cook. That’s it. The Big Easy cooks chicken just great without the beer can, believe me, but it does add a little coolness factor and flavor.
If you’re not a fan of beer, don’t fret. Soda works just as well. For Montreal chicken, I’d lean towards something like root beer or maybe a ginger ale.
Also try my Italian Ranch BBQ chicken on the Big Easy.
Montreal Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Lightly brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Generously sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning.
- If opting to make beer can chicken open the can and drain (er… drink) about 1/4th of the beer. Add a heaping teaspoon of seasoning to the beer. Insert beer can into the bottom of the chicken.
- Place chicken into the basket and insert into the Big Easy.
- Cook for 15 minutes per pound or until the chicken has hit 165 F as measured in several locations.
- Let rest 15 minutes before removing the beer can (if using) and carving.
Nutritional values are approximate.