Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Man oh man, this Chik’N-Lik’N chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy was good. Not sorta kinda good, either. Give-me-another-piece good. I was blown away by how much I loved the sauce. Perfect Texas flavors without being overwhelming. Not spicy, just darned good. And the absolute perfect consistency for brushing on anything grilled or roasted.
You need to make Chik’N-Lik’N chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. It’s amazingly good. I didn’t go heavy on the sauce. I wanted the flavor, and I got some. But I didn’t want to bury that great roast chicken flavor you get from the Char-Broil Big Easy. And I didn’t. Every bite was perfect. I’d can’t wait to use this sauce again, and not just on chicken.
Also try my Chik’N-Lik’N chicken wings. Man, are they ever great! And my State Fair chicken, sweet black pepper and my Texas Sriracha chicken on the Big Easy are all fantastic too!
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Chik’N-Lik’N Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy™
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in split, or whatever cuts you prefer
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chik'N-Lik'N BBQ Sauce
- Lightly rub or brush the chicken with a light coating of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 160 F as checked in several places.
- Lift basket and brush the chicken with the sauce using a long nylon brush. Return to the cooker and cook another 5-10 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165 F and the sauce is set.
Nutritional values are approximate.