I can’t bake, and I’m not afraid to admit it. But that doesn’t mean I can’t throw together a simple delicious pie or cheesecake. I haven’t yet graduated to making my own crusts, so I ‘cheat’ and grab those pre-made ones from the store. This Black Forest cheesecake came out fantastic despite my lack of baking skills. A nice chocolatey flavor, perfect texture, and topped with yummy tart cherries. Dangerously good.
What I do differently next time I make a Black Forest cheesecake? Nothing. Not a thing. Well, ok, I might double the recipe and make four cheesecakes instead of just two. I’ll be taking a few of these to our next family holiday get-together, that’s for sure!
Also try my no-bake red velvet cheesecake. It’s one of Anita’s all-time favorites!
Black Forest Cheesecake
- Pre-heat your oven to 325º F.
- Place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a mixer and mix until blended.
- Add the sour cream and chocolate and blend.
- With the blender running, add the eggs one at a time until blended.
- Divide mixture between the two pie pans (they’ll be pretty full) and bake 40 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Let cool completely then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Spread Cool Whip over tops of cheesecakes.
- Serve slices with a spoonful or two of the cherry pie filling.
Nutritional values are approximate.