Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
We eat at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, whenever we can. Not only is the food and service great, they also have trivia contests where you have to answer questions about the movie, which we’ve seen a thousand times. Hey, it’s fun! What’s my favorite thing to eat at Bubba Gump’s? Shrimper’s Heaven. It’s not called that for no reason either!
When I get to hankerin’ for shrimp, I make up a basket of these shrimp on the Char-Broil Big Easy. They take absolutely no time at all to cook and they come out tender and tasty. You can eat them lots of ways, from chilled with shrimp cocktail sauce, to warm with various dipping sauces, to hot-off-the-grill on a po boy sandwich. Or cook unpeeled shrimp and peel-and-eat them all by themselves.
The picture above shows one pound of 21-24 count shrimp. That’s about all you can get in the standard basket with the bunk bed. You might could get 1 1/2 pounds, but you don’t want to crowd them or they won’t cook evenly. For more shrimp, you’ll need a skewer insert (you’ll have to peel the shrimp first of course) or the Wingin’ator 3000 modification.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Bubba Gump Shrimp on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 pound shrimp 20-24 count (peeled, deveined, tails removed if desired)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- Place shrimp in a resealable container or bag.
- Add remaining ingredients. Seal and shake to coat well.
- Fire up your Big Easy. Spray the basket and bunk bed basket with non-stick spray. You can also skewer the shrimp using either of the Char-Broil skewer kits available for the Big Easy (see below).
- Add shrimp. Lower into cooker, and cover with the lid.
- Cook 5-6 minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink.
Nutritional values are approximate.