Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Weber has a line of marinade mixes that you add juice to that are really, really good. And they’re perfect for flavoring chicken before cooking it on the Char-Broil Big Easy. I picked up a package of each and used them to marinate my favorite, split chicken breasts. The Caribbean Jerk marinade is mixed with orange juice to produce wonderfully seasoned chicken. A hint of allspice, cinnamon, cloves and other spices, this marinade has a night light Jerk flavor to it. Caribbean jerk marinated chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy isn’t as spicy as if you’d sauced the chicken with a Jerk sauce. But the flavor is there.
Since the Big Easy cooks at a high temperature you do have to watch that your chicken doesn’t char. One way to help prevent that is to not use marinades containing substances that might burn, like sugar or honey. The other is to rinse the chicken before cooking. Now, you’re going to lose a bit of flavor doing that, but if like me you’re going to remove the skin before eating, it really doesn’t make that big of a difference.
Weber makes all sorts of great flavored Just Add Juice marinades. Collect them all! Looking for a great dessert to go with your chicken?
Make some Brazilian pineapple on the Big Easy!
Caribbean Jerk Marinaded Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 chicken breasts bone-in split, or whichever cuts you prefer, about 2 pounds
- Weber Just Add Juice Caribbean Jerk marinade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Place the chicken into a resealable bag or container.
- Add marinade to taste. Toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.