This is how to fry up some shrimp. The perfect batter, with the perfect consistency and flavor. Not too light and not too heavy. And perfectly crunchy. And the best part of this copycat Chili’s crispy shrimp? You can still taste the shrimp. Don’t mess with perfection, follow the recipe as it is and you’ll (very) soon be enjoying fantastic shrimp.
The first time I made a copycat Chili’s crispy shrimp, Anita took one bite and immediately said that I don’t need to fry shrimp in any other way. Ever again. She also told me to not change anything about it. I tend to do that. You know. A little tweak here. A little something more or less there. Nope, not with these shrimp.
Copycat Chili’s Crispy Shrimp
For the shrimp
- Heat at least 3″ of oil to 350 F in a deep fryer or Dutch oven.
- Place the Corn Flakes crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Place all of the batter ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Working in batches, coat the shrimp in the batter. Shake off any excess and then roll in the crumbs.
- Fry 2-3 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
Nutritional values are approximate.