Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Sometimes I take a break from the big dinners and just serve up some nice tasty salads. I do require croutons on my salad, though. And since it’s hot here, I decided to cook the croutons on the Char-Broil Big Easy. They came out tasty and crunchy, just like I wanted. It pays to think of your Big Easy as an outdoor oven.
I used the Big Easy cooking rack (which sadly is no longer available) for making croutons on the Char-Broil Big Easy. So, to make croutons you’ll need a few bunk bed baskets. Depending on the size of your bread you might have to line the baskets with foil.
Depending on conditions, the croutons on the bottom may cook at a different rate than those on the top. Check them often after 10 minutes and remove any ones that are golden brown and crispy.
Croutons on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 slices bread per pie pan
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Combine the butter and garlic salt.
- Brush the butter mixture over the bread.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Transfer the cubes to the baskets and spread out evenly.
- Place pans onto the rack and lower into the cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes then start checking the croutons every minute or so. Remove any croutons that might get done sooner than others.
Nutritional values are approximate.