Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Fowl Play marinade by The Shed BBQ adds tremendous flavor to any cut of chicken. As soon as I opened it I knew that I was in for nothing but goodness. I detected soy sauce. Apple juice. Citrus. It’s tangy with a slight hint of vinegar. Fowl Play Chicken cooked on the Char-Broil Big Easy comes out incredibly flavorful all the way through.
I used split bone-in chicken breasts, marinating them for 4 hours before placing them into the Big Easy. The skin doesn’t get crispy because of all that time in the marinade, but the meat… oh my goodness. So tender and juicy and good! Incredible. If you’re looking for a quick, painless way to make masterful chicken on the Big Easy this is it.
I was a bit worried that maybe some of the spices in Fowl Play might burn from the high heat in the Big Easy but they did not. You have to watch for that if you’re using anything with large chunks of things like minced garlic.
I’m a big fan of store-bought marinated chicken like this Fowl Play chicken or Chiavetta’s chicken cooked on the Big Easy. It’s as simple as it gets.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Fowl Play Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in split, or whatever cuts you prefer
- The Shed Fowl Play marinade
- Place the chicken into a resealable bag or container.
- Add marinade to taste. Toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.