You want to talk about disappearing fast. This Harvest Chex Mix was gone in just minutes when Anita took it into the office to share with her co-workers. It’s a wonderful combination of sweet treats, mixed in with cereal, Bugles and pretzels. All coated in a delicious buttery brown sugar coating. You cannot just eat one handful, that’s for sure!
You can pretty much add whatever your autumn favorites are into the Harvest Chex Mix. Just make sure that you let the baked mixture completely first. You don’t want a melty gooey mess!
You will need a very large bowl or container as this recipe does make a good-sized batch of mix.
Also try my Southwestern Chex Mix.
Harvest Chex Mix
For the mix
- 12 ounces Rice Chex cereal
- 7 ounces Bugles
- 4 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup candy corn pumpkins
- 8 ounce Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 275 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Place the Chex, pretzels and Bugles into a very large bowl. Stir gently to mix. Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Divide the mixture between the two baking sheets and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring gently every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Add mixture to a large bowl. Add the candy corn, pumpkins and Reese's pieces. Stir gently to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional values are approximate.