Perhaps the last thing I needed was an even better-tasting Ranch dressing. This copycat Outback Steakhouse Ranch dressing is fantastic. I know I used too much on my salad. Yes, I added more after this picture, I didn’t want to have photographic proof of my obsession but I just couldn’t stop.
I definitely recommend making at least a double batch when you make this copycat Outback Steakhouse Ranch dressing. It’s crazy good and won’t last at all. Do not skimp on the fridge time. The dressing needs it to set up and let the flavors come together. And don’t be surprised if it’s a little thick after resting. Right then it’s perfect for dipping. Perfect for wings, vegetables, chips, whatever. For salads, you might want it a little thinner so just whisk in a bit (like a tablespoon at a time) of buttermilk and see how you like it.
In my opinion, the brand of mayonnaise you use in a dish is just as important, if not more so, than the quality of the rest of the ingredients. That’s why I use Blue Plate. Always.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Also try my copycat Outback Steakhouse blue cheese salad dressing.
Copycat Outback Steakhouse Ranch Dressing
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk plus more, if needed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover bowl and chill dressing for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If dressing is too thick add a bit of buttermilk (a little at a time) and whisk.
Nutritional values are approximate.