Anita and I both enjoyed this simple mushroom ravioli dish so much that we ended up making it three times in one week. I picked up a few packages of fresh cheese-filled ravioli plus a few other fresh ingredients at the store and in no time we had a great dinner.
You could use any ravioli you like. I felt that cheese-filled worked best with the mushrooms, spinach and (a favorite) sun-dried tomatoes. We liked a bit of freshly grated Parmesan sprinkled over the tops just before serving. You can leave that out.
You definitely don’t want to overcook the ravioli, so take them out of the water a minute before the package tells you too. They will finish cooking in the pan later.
This recipe is also great with tortellini or just ‘plain’ pasta.
- Cook ravioli until just barely done, a minute less than the package instructions. Drain well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spinach, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir and keep stirring until the spinach has wilted completely.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add in the ravioli and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir gently. Cook until the ravioli is done.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.