I absolutely could not get enough of this old fashioned shrimp dip. My wife made this for the Superbowl. When she brought it out I admit I might have made a face. But I grabbed a cracker and dug in and wow! What a great dip! Fantastically creamy rich, but with the tang of cocktail sauce, this dip packs in tons of flavor and of course my favorite, shrimp!
I think this old fashioned shrimp dip is perfect just as it is. You could, though, substitute crab for the shrimp. I’d be ok with that. Specially since I’m a crab addict in addition to being a shrimp addict. It’s a great dip either way. Just grab lots of crackers!
Old Fashioned Shrimp Dip
- Combine the cream cheese, onion, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Spread mixture out evenly onto a 7" platter or serving dish.
- Drizzle half of the cocktail sauce over the cheeses mixture and, using the back of a spoon, spread out evenly to the edges.
- Pat the shrimp dry and chop coarsely. Sprinkle over the top of the dip mixture.
- Drizzle with the remaining cocktail sauce and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.