Oh yes! Give me a bowl of pimento cheese fondue and stand back! Smooth, creamy, cheesiness, loaded with pimentos. Pimentos in every bite. Pimentos everywhere. Perfect for dipping just about anything that can be dipped. I found celery to be the perfect combination for this dip. Crackers too. And corn chips. Heck, just about anything you can find is gonna be good in this fondue.
Pimento cheese fondue isn’t just for dipping, either. Spread a little on your sandwich bread. Put a big ole dollop on your baked potato. Or use it as a sauce for steamed vegetables, like broccoli or cauliflower.
Yes, I do have a fondue pot. I love it. They get a bad wrap. They’re fun!
Don’t mess with that pre-shredded cheese when you make this pimento cheese fondue. Get a grater/shredder and you’ll never regret it!
Pimento Cheese Fondue
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces pimentos drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- hot sauce optional, to taste
- ground black pepper
- crackers, celery, etc for serving
- Combine Cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until melted, about 4 minutes. Stir in pimientos, pickle relish, onion powder, garlic salt, hot sauce, if using, and some black pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with crackers or favorite dippers.
- Combine the cheddar, cream cheese, mayo and cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir until melted.
- Stir in the pimentos, pickle relish, onion powder, garlic salt, hot sauce (if using) and pepper.
- Serve immediately. You can transfer the mixture to a fondue pot or small slow cooker set to low to keep warm.
Nutritional values are approximate.