Chilled fresh pineapple topped with a mix of sweet (mango and honey) and heat (jalapeno and a little bite from the daikon radish and cilantro). This pineapple mango daikon salad is an excellent salad for a hot summer day. You can serve it with the pineapple chopped up, or use halved pineapple as a bowl as I did.
Can’t find daikon? You can make this with jicama instead. To make the pineapple halve I started with a fresh, perfectly ripe pineapple. I use a pineapple corer to remove the core. I found a great inexpensive corer over on Amazon. Then I cut off the rind and cut the pineapple in halves. It’s a quick way to make a ‘bowl’ for this or any fresh fruit-based salad.
Also try my wild rice and pineapple salad.
Pineapple Mango Daikon Salad
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 mangos peeled and chopped
- 1 large daikon radish peeled and grated
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored, halved, each half then cut into 3 equal rounds (like little ‘boats’). Note: Wait until the above ingredients have chilled 30 minutes before cutting the pineapple.
- Whisk together the lime juice and zest, vinegar, honey, jalapeno, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Add in the chopped mango, daikon and cilantro. Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon mango mixture into the pineapple boats.
- Note: This recipe doesn’t hold up well left over, so enjoy it the day you make it!
Nutritional values are approximate.