Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I’ve been using seasonings from Dizzy Pig for years. Everything they make is packed with flavor and is of the highest quality. Dizzy Pig has a wide variety of spice mixes available, like this Raging River seasoning that is absolutely perfect on a chicken roasted in the Char-Broil Big Easy. I made a beer-can version, but you can skip that step and just season the chicken and cook it as-is in the Big Easy. Either way, you get a great maple-infused herby flavor with just a slight spicy kick that is out-of-this-world great.
Raging River chicken tastes (and looks!) fantastic! The skin is crispy and, well, addicting. Very addicting. Dangerously addicting. So is my rotisserie-style chicken, also made on the Big Easy, which you should also try. It’s amazing how great poultry on the Big Easy is, with just a few store-bought ingredients.
Raging River Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Lightly brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Generously sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning.
- If opting to make beer can chicken open the can and drain (er… drink) about 1/4th of the beer. Add a heaping teaspoon of seasoning to the beer. Insert beer can into the bottom of the chicken.
- Place chicken into the basket and insert into the Big Easy.
- Cook for 15 minutes per pound or until the chicken has hit 165 F as measured in several locations.
- Let rest 15 minutes before removing the beer can (if using) and carving.
Nutritional values are approximate.