Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I don’t have to have my arm twisted to make and eat crab legs. Ever. I love them. So whenever wild-caught Alaskan king crab is on sale, I grab some legs and claws. My wife’s not such a big fan of crab (well, she is a fan of the crab meat, it’s the sight of the crab appendages that doesn’t appeal to her), so I saved these crab legs made on the Char-Broil Big Easy for my own mid-week lunch.
You can’t find something easier and more delicious than Crab Legs on the Char-Broil Big Easy. The legs from the grocery store were pre-cooked, but frozen, so I let them thaw overnight in the fridge. Cook time on the Big Easy was almost nothing. In no time I was enjoying fabulous roasted crab legs. You can use this same approach with snow crab legs, but expect a much quicker cooking time.
If you buy just claws you can use the Big Easy bunk bed basket and really load up with a good amount of crab in a single cook.
Crab Legs on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 3 pounds crab legs and claws, cooked (if frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge first). I used Alaskan King Crab. You can use snow crab too, but you might want to shorten the cooking time.
- olive oil
- 2 lemons one juiced, one halved
- clarified butter for serving
- Note: If your legs are too long to fit in the Big Easy basket, just take a sharp knife and split them.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice into some olive oil and brush the legs and claws.
- Place legs and claws in the Big Easy basket along with the remaining lemons (halved first).
- Place basket in the Big Easy and cook for 6 minutes. Larger legs or more legs might take longer. I pulled a small leg out after 6 minutes for a quick test and found it to be perfect.
- Serve hot with the roasted lemons and clarified butter for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.