If you follow this blog at all you know that I’m a huge fan of chicken wings, and in particular, wings that are cooked on the Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-less Turkey Fryer. I made a simple modification to our Big Easy that lets me cook a big batch of wings at once. They take less than an hour and always come out fantastic, like these spicy chicken wings with apple onion dip. Of course you can cook your wings using whatever you have, from a gas grill to a deep fryer to a convection oven!
These spicy chicken wings with apple onion dip have a wonderful savory flavor. The apple onion dip is fantastic, and would also work great for dipping chips, crackers, vegetables… you name it.
Also try my Teriyaki wings.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Spicy Chicken Wings with Apple Onion Dip
For the wings
- Combine oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add wings, toss to coat and marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the Dijon and Creole mustards, maple syrup and Sriracha sauce. When wings are done, toss them in the sauce.
- If baking, return to baking sheet and bake 10 more minutes.
- For the Big Easy or grill, place wings on grill and grill until browned and crispy.
- Serve wings hot with the apple onion dip.
For the apple onion dip
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook 10-15 minutes or until the onions are caramelized.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk. Reduce heat to keep warm until ready to serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.