Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I use my Char-Broil Big Easy for a lot more than cooking ribs, chicken wings, turkey. I also use it to make side dishes, like these roasted Brussels sprouts. First, they’re very flavorful. Second, they’re easy (and second-and-a-half, they cook up fast). And third, they free up the oven in the house if I’m doing a large cook for the holidays.
I didn’t pre-cook the sprouts at all. Just drizzled and seasoned them, skewered them, then cooked them. Done. I used the kabob skewers available from Char-Broil but you could also just place the sprouts in the standard Big Easy basket (or get more on with the optional bunk basket).
Roasted Brussels Sprouts on the Big Easy
- Wash sprouts. Remove any large stems and loose leaves.
- Place sprouts into a bowl and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread sprouts onto skewers and lower into a pre-lit Big Easy.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until sprouts begin to char and are mostly tender when poked with a toothpick (check the larger ones).
- Sprinkled with a bit more salt and pepper if desired and serve immediately. (A little crunched cooked bacon over the sprouts doesn’t hurt either!)
Nutritional values are approximate.