Anita proclaimed this tortellini antipasto salad as the “best salad we’ve ever made”. And I have to agree it’s darned good. Fresh three-cheese tortellini. And for a little kick, pepper jack cheese. The salad has a wonderful combination of textures, from the creamy smoothness of the pasta to the bite of the fresh green bell peppers.
If you don’t want to mess with making the dressing by hand just pick up a bottle of quality Italian salad dressing. I prefer Newman’s Own Family Style but any good brand will do.
This is a nice variation on our other antipasto pasta salad.
Tortellini Antipasto Salad
- dressing see below
- 1 20 ounce cheese tortellini cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled completely
- 1 small red onion minced
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese cubed
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 2.25 ounce black olives drained, sliced
- To make the dressing, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Stir to combine.
- If the salad gets too dry (it will absorb the dressing), just add a bit more extra virgin olive oil and stir.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.