This baked angel hair with sausage is the perfect recipe for a large dinner. It makes a big batch, and is really easy to make. I recently made this great dish and took it along for an overnight trip. It reheated easily in the hotel room, making for a nice easy dinner. We often also make this dish for friends. It’s easy and makes a lot, perfect for feeding a big family.
Also try my Christmas pasta. It also makes enough for a crowd.
Baked Angel Hair with Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed, divided
- 2 15 ounce jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove the sausage from casings.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Crumble the sausage into the pan and brown on both sides. Remove to a paper towel-lined planed
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute until soft. Add 1/2 of the rosemary, combine.
- Add the two jars of Alfredo sauce to the skillet. Stir, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the angel hair pasta per the package instructions EXCEPT do not cook fully. Reduce the cooking time by 1 minute instead so that the pasta is a little al dente (still a bit raw).
- Rinse and drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Combine well.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add half of the cooked pasta mixture. Top with half of the crumbled sausage and half of the remaining rosemary.
- Add the rest of the pasta, topped with the remaining sausage and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted. Place under the broiler for a minute or two to brown the top and serve.