I made this Thai fried rice with the Thai pork burritos I made the other day. Both came out fantastic, making for the perfect dinner. The rice is packed full of flavor. This is definitely not boring or bland.
We’ll certainly make both this Thai fried rice and the pork burritos again soon. When I first made this I didn’t have a lot of experience with fish sauce. It’s mighty potent stuff, that’s for sure. I later made slow cooker Vietnamese ribs. They are absolutely packed with fish sauce. And despite the initial strong aroma, the ribs were truly amazing!
Thai Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup assorted vegetables I used some from a bag in the frozen section, thawed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and cook another minute.
- Add the rice, chili sauce, and fish sauce and fry another 3 minutes or until the rice is warmed completely.
- Push rice mixture to the side of the skillet. Pour remaining oil into the center of the skillet and add the egg. Scramble the egg and cook until done.
- Stir the rice mixture in with the scrambled egg. Serve.