I have already made this recipe for bacon ranch potato salad from Plain Chicken several times since Steph posted it. I make it a little different than she does in that I serve it cold and I don’t mix the dressing in with the potatoes. Instead, I serve the dressing on top. So it’s bordering on being a baked potato. In fact, the ‘dressing’ would be fantastic on top of a baked potato!
No matter how you make it, this is a great and very easy-to-make potato salad. It is perfect for a family get-together or cookout. Also try my bacon ranch slaw.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds small red and yellow potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon slices
- 4 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup bottled Ranch dressing
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat well. Spread out on baking sheets and bake for 30-45 minutes until browned on the edges. How long you need to cook them depends on large or small you cut your potatoes. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon. Drain. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, green onions, Creole seasoning, and dressing.
- Serve potatoes topped with a large dollop of the dressing.