I was looking for a different take on chicken wings and boy, did I find it. These pineapple chicken wings are sweeter than the “usual” wings you get, with a slight Asian flavor thanks to the soy sauce.
If you have a Char-Broil Big Easy oil-less fryer, try out my Wingin’ator 3000 modification. It lets you cook a large amount of wings all at once.
Also try my delicious peach apricot wings.I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Pineapple Chicken Wings
For the marinade
- 3-4 4 pounds chicken wings separated
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
For the dipping sauce
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice for marinade)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Red pepper flake to taste (optional)
- Place chicken wings into a large resealable baggie (or two) or a large container.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add to the chicken and toss to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1-3 hours, turning occasionally.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and warm until thickened.
- Serve wings with warm dipping sauce.