I love fried chicken, specially if it has been marinaded in buttermilk. But, silly me, I’d never thought of adding chipotles in adobo to the marinade. These chipotle popcorn chicken bites are soooo good. They’re tender and tasty thanks to the buttermilk and they have a really nice kick to them thanks to the smoked jalapenos. Not too hot, but definitely a kick.
Also try my copycat of Popeye’s popcorn chicken bites!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" bites
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canned chipotles in adobo sauce, pureed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ranch dressing (make your own, or use your favorite dipping sauce)
- Place chicken into a bowl.
- Add buttermilk and chipotles and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 350 F.
- Working in batches, shake off excess marinade and fry chicken 2-3 minutes until done and golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.