I made some fantastic flashback old school BBQ chicken on my Char-Broil Big Easy the other day. It put me in the mood for more BBQ chicken, so I up and made this fantastic Italian Ranch BBQ chicken. It’s like my old school BBQ chicken kicked up big time. You still get that great BBQ sauce flavor, but as a bonus, you get ultra-tender juicy chicken that has marinated in Italian and Ranch dressings. My goodness, it was good!
The original recipe for Italian Ranch BBQ chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy called for marinating the chicken in the BBQ sauce and the dressings. I was using a BBQ sauce made with molasses. I knew that if it spent a long time over high heat it would start to burn. So, I marinated the chicken overnight in the dressings and then placed it into the Big Easy until almost done. That’s when I brushed the chicken with the BBQ sauce. And it was good.
Also try my southwest chicken on the Big Easy.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Italian Ranch BBQ Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 large split chicken breasts skin removed
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce divided
- Place the chicken into resealable container or baggie.
- Whisk together the Italian dressing, Ranch dressing, and 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce.
- Add the marinade to the container. Seal and shake gently to coat. Let marinate overnight.
- Fire up your Char-Broil Big Easy.
- Shake off any excess marinade and add the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook until chicken is done or just shy of done, 10-15 minutes per pound.
- Brush remaining BBQ sauce onto chicken and if desired, return to the Big Easy for 5 minutes to 'set' the sauce.