I’ve been reading about Chiavetta’s BBQ marinade on various online forums for a while now. It’s out of Buffalo, NY, which sadly means that it’s not in our local grocery store. But, of course you can order it online, which I did. I got a big ole jug of Chiavetta’s and quickly got busy marinating a few split chicken breasts. Roasted on the Char-Broil Big Easy, the chicken had a wonderful garlicky, vinegary flavor with wonderfully crunchy skin.
Chiavetta’s is quite vinegary. I love that because I’ve always been a fan of vinegary things like eastern North Carolina BBQ sauces or Buffalo wing sauce. If you’re not as big a fan of vinegar as I am, you’ll still love Chiavetta’s. Just shorten the time the chicken spends marinating.
I’m a big fan of store-bought marinated chicken like this Chiavetta’s chicken cooked on the Big Easy. Also try my Fowl Play, Sesame Ginger or Fireman’s Field Day chicken. They’re as easy and as tasty as it gets.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Chiavetta's Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 bone-in split chicken breasts or whatever cuts you prefer
- Chiavetta's Barbecue Marinade to taste
- Place the chicken into a resealable bag or container.
- Add marinade to taste. Toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for 1-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.