I had a coupon for some frozen fried fish filets the other day. Sometimes I have to cave in to the hankering for a fish sandwich. I’ve made a copycat version of the McDonald’s fish filet sandwich before. This time I decided to make a crunchy tilapia po boy instead since I had a big batch of Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce on hand.
I tried this two ways. One as a traditional po boy on a bread roll (I used a loaf of French bread), and one on regular burger buns. Both versions were great. The fish was crunchy, the toppings fresh, and the bite from the sauce really kicked these po boys up.
Crunchy Tilapia Po’Boy
- 2 fish filets I used crunchy large Tilapia filets
- 1/2 loaf French bread hamburger buns work great too!
- 4 tablespoons Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce or more
- lettuce shredded or chopped
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 slices tomato optional
- Cook the filets per package instructions.
- Lightly brown the bread, if desired. Slather with the comeback sauce.
- Add fish, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Enjoy!
Nutritional values are approximate.