One of my favorite things to throw on the smoker is a pork butt. Pulled pork is well worth the time it takes to make. I made a big batch of BBQ the other day. Now, usually, I’ll throw it on a bun with some BBQ sauce. Or I’ll even put it in a baked potato (soooo good!). This time, I went with a smoked pulled pork po boy.
You can pretty much throw anything on a smoked pulled pork po boy and it’ll be good, but start with good BBQ and you end up with a fantastic sandwich! And don’t forget the slaw. That coolness, that crunchiness, that’s what makes a good sandwich great.
Smoked Pulled Pork Po’Boy
- 2 loaves French bread halved lengthwise
- 1 cup Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce or more, or your favorite remoulade
- 1 pound pulled pork BBQ
- 1 pound slaw mix broccoli slaw mix works great too!
- 1 jar coleslaw dressing regular or Southern
- Lightly toast the bread, if desired.
- Slather the bread halves with the Comeback sauce. Don’t be shy with it, either.
- Add the pulled pork.
- Add the slaw.
- Cut into each loaf into 3 sandwiches and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.