I don’t make many desserts. I’m more the appetizer/snack guy. But, I made this triple-layer pumpkin spice pie for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. Pumpkin pie spice pudding isn’t available year-round, so I stocked up because I know I’ll be making this pie again. This pie is creamy and mousse-y with just a bit of pumpkin flavoring. The crunchy crust and nuts make it the perfect, easy-to-make pie for a get-together.
I used some of my dad’s fresh pecans. He has four large pecan trees in his yard that produce an amazing amount of the best pecans I’ve ever tasted. They were the crowning touch this pie deserved!
If you’re in a pumpkin-kind-of-mood also try my pumpkin pull-apart bread.
Triple-Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie
- 2 3 ounce JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounce Graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounce Cool Whip topping thawed, divided
- pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place pudding mixes and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add milk. Whisk 2 minutes.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the pudding mixture into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip into the remaining pudding mixture. Spread over pudding mixture in the pie crust.
- Top pie with remaining Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Add nuts and honey to a small skillet over medium heat. Cook 2-4 minutes or until the nuts are caramelized, stirring constantly. Pour onto a sheet of wax paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
- Place nuts on top of pie and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.