This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This beef and Italian sausage chili is a wonderfully tasty chili. The Italian sausage really adds a lot to the flavor. It isn’t spicy. But it can be if you add a lot of hot sauce or use hot Italian sausage. The broth is flat-out crazy delicious. That’s what distinguishes a good chili from a great chili. This is great chili.
This recipe actually changed my view of beef-only chili. Now, I almost always add Italian sausage to my chili. At least most of my beef chilis that is.
Beef and Italian Sausage Chili
- Crumble the sausage into a Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat until cooked.
- Add the beef and cook until browned. Spoon off excess fat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook another 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until beef is tender, about 3 1/2 hours. Add water (or more broth) if the chili gets too thin.
- Season with salt if needed. Serve hot.
Nutritional values are approximate.