This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I’ve made my share of homemade cinnamon rolls, but always the full-sized ones. These mini cinnamon rolls from Iowa Girl Eats are fantastically sweet, easy, and a nice lighter alternative to large, morning nap-inducing rolls. I woke up early one morning and made these for my wife to take in to work. Everyone really enjoyed them.
Mini cinnamon rolls are a great thing for feeding a crowd. Well, if you can keep everyone from grabbing two handfuls at a time, that is!
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Unroll the dough into two squares of 4 triangles each.
- Pinch the seams between the dough triangles together. Lightly roll out with a rolling pin until it is about 1/4″ thick.
- Brush the dough with the butter.
- Sprinkle the dough with the cinnamon and brown sugar. Don’t go crazy, just enough to lightly cover the dough.
- Roll up the dough pieces into tight logs. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each dough log into 8 pieces. Place into miniature muffin pans that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake 9-15 minutes until the rolls have risen and are golden in color.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the icing.
- Remove the rolls from the oven. Remove from the pan and drizzle with the icing.
Nutritional values are approximate.