I picked up a copy of Race Day Grub at the antique mall the other day. The book, written by Angela Skinner, the wife of NASCAR driver Mike Skinner, is full of great recipes from the racing circuit. Everything from appetizers to mains, from drivers and their wives and crews. The book is absolutely full of great food and was well worth the two or three dollars I paid for it! The first thing we made was this outstanding Mexi-Cali dip from the Harvicks.
Kevin “Happy” Harvick has been a favorite driver of mine for years. Now, this dip is a favorite of mine! Look at all that ooey-gooey cheese! This dip tastes of taco, and cheese, and olives and beans. I tell ya, it’d be great scooped onto a hot dog too!
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a 8″ x 8″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine the cream cheese, green chilies, jalapeno (if using) and taco seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and spread out evenly using a spatula.
- Top with the beans, olives, and the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly hot.
- Serve with thick chips, such as Frito’s Scoops.
Nutritional values are approximate.