Omelets, frittatas, scrambles… All are great ways to use up ingredients you have on hand. In this case I had some extra salami and cherry tomatoes around that I needed to use up. This sweet pepper and salami frittata recipe was a great way to combine them.
Don’t have salami on hand? Ham works just fine. Or sausage.
Also try my more-classic French omelet.
Sweet Pepper and Salami Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes. Boil until just starting to soften, 20-30 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly, then cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a 10″ cast iron (or oven-proof) skillet.
- Saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and saute another 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in half of the cheese and the salami, tomatoes, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the skillet and stir. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and return skillet to the oven, under the broiler, for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.