These mini baked ham and Swiss sandwiches from King’s Hawaiian are absolutely insanely good. I found a great variation on the original over at The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife, so I made them… and they up and disappeared in minutes!
I will probably cut the butter in half next time, but let’s face it… butter makes them even better!
Mini Baked Ham Sandwiches
- 1 12 pack King’s Hawaiian Original Rolls
- 12 slices deli ham sliced thin
- 6 slices Swiss cheese sliced thin
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mustard and stir.
- Add onion and poppy seed and saute until the onion just starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Cut the rolls in half, horizontally, keeping the top and bottom halves in tact. Just lay them out on a flat surface and run your knife through the middle, parallel to the ground.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spoon 1/3rd of the onion mixture over the bottom of the dish.
- Add the bottom half of the rolls. Top with ham and cheese.
- In a greased 9×13 pan, place bottom half of rolls and spread 1/3 of the onion mixture over the bottom of the rolls followed by the ham and cheese.
- Add the bun tops.
- Spoon remaining onion mixture over the buns.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to separate the buns, cutting through the cheese and ham.
Nutritional values are approximate.