If you need to make a big batch of good ole easy chicken gravy and you don’t have any chicken drippin’s on hand, this is the way to go. Hands down, the best fast gravy you can make! I wasn’t shy when I went to pouring when I made a chicken sandwich, either. It’s my take on a French dip, but using chicken and delicious gravy instead.
This easy chicken gravy is good on just about anything. Pour it over chicken-fried steak. Or over fried chicken. Speaking of fried chicken. if you have a charcoal grill, you just have to try my Vortex fried chicken!
I also make an outstanding turkey gravy for Thanksgiving. It’s a lot more work, but oh, is it ever worth the time.
Easy Chicken Gravy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and melt.
- Add pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in the flour, cooking, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the broth.
- Add bouillon.
- Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly hot and thickened.
- Add salt and more pepper, to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.