There’s nothing wrong with a can of baked beans. Except I find them to be rather boring. So, I took a recipe from Amy’s Cooking Adventures and bam! Great doctored baked beans from a can!Also try my super-easy franks and beans.
Doctored Baked Beans
- Heat a skillet over high heat and cook the bacon until done. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium high. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Add the onion and jalapeno and saute until starting to soften.
- Add the beans, ketchup and mustard, Crumble in the bacon and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.