Boy, these were good! If you follow this blog at all, you know that I’m a big fan (and user) of Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce from Chez John. I made another big batch last week, and you know what that means! Po boys! For starters, I made this Cheater popcorn shrimp po boy. I didn’t have the time to deep fry shrimp from scratch so I “cheated” and used frozen pre-cooked shrimp.
These cheater popcorn shrimp po boy sandwiches have a great shrimp taste (with a little crunch) with the added kick from the Comeback sauce, and freshness of the lettuce and tomato.
“Cheater” Popcorn Shrimp Po Boy
- 30 pieces popcorn shrimp
- 1/2 loaf French bread split
- 2 tablespoons Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce or more, or your favorite remoulade
- 1/2 medium tomato sliced thin
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce shredded
- Cook shrimp per package instructions.
- Lightly toast the bread in the oven the last few minutes of cooking the shrimp.
- Slather inside of bread with the Comeback sauce.
- Add tomatoes and lettuce and top with shrimp. Enjoy!
Nutritional values are approximate.