These grilled green beans are the easiest side to make on the grill. I try to make everything I can outside on the grill, specially when it is hot out.
Add some diced white onion for extra flavor. I like to serve beans in a small glass jar. It just looks a little spiffier. I got the idea when we stopped by Firehouse BBQ and Blues, a great BBQ joint in downtown Richmond, Indiana. Why is it that things taste better out of jars? Iced tea is that way. I swear it just tastes better out of a big ole mason jar.
Grilled Green Beans
- Preheat grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Combine beans, oil, garlic, red pepper and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place in center of foil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and seal the packet tight.
- Place over indirect heat and cook until the beans are just tender, 10-15 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.