These grilled green beans are the easiest side to make on the grill. I try to make everything I can outside on the grill, specially when it is hot out. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to sacrifice flavor for ease. This dish brings the flavors and takes only minutes to make. Charcoal grill or gas grill, it doesn’t matter.
Add some diced white onion to these grilled green beans for extra flavor. You may want to sauté or grill the onion a little bit first to soften it. It takes longer to grill than the beans do.
I like to serve beans in a small glass jar. It just looks a little spiffier. I got the idea when we stopped by Firehouse BBQ and Blues, a great BBQ joint in downtown Richmond, Indiana. Why is it that things taste better out of jars? Iced tea is that way. I swear it just tastes better out of a big ole mason jar.
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish. It makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
Also try my easy spicy grilled potatoes.
Grilled Green Beans
- Preheat grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Combine beans, oil, garlic, red pepper and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place in center of foil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and seal the packet tight.
- Place over indirect heat and cook until the beans are just tender, 10-15 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.