This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This is the easiest way to make a big ole loaf of yummy, cheesy garlic bread. Every slice is loaded with butter and cheese goodness. You can make these loaves ahead of time and bake them later. You can cut them thick, or you can cut them thin. If you end up cutting them real thin you might have to double or triple the ingredients for the ‘toppings’.
You can kick up this cheesy garlic bread by substituting pepper jack cheese and adding a few pickled jalapeno slices. I sometimes make this using a baguette for smaller, almost crouton-sized slices of cheese bread.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make vertical cuts in the bread every inch or so, cutting to within 1/2″ of the bottom of the loaf but not all the way through.
- Transfer bread to a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Insert cheese slices into the cuts in the bread.
- Melt the butter. Stir in the garlic powder and parsley. Brush over the bread and into the slits.
- Wrap up the bread in the foil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Open foil and bake another 5 minutes until crispy.
- Serve sliced or whole and let your guests pull it apart.
Nutritional values are approximate.