I’m a big fan of roasted Brussels sprouts. But, these sauteed shredded Brussels sprouts aren’t roasted. So, I was worried. Would I like them? No. I’d love them! They are so crunchy and flavorful! The thinly slices sprouts are perfect. I almost called this a salad, though technically, it’s not a salad. Technically, though, it is outstanding!
The balsamic vinegar really makes this dish stand out. I added fresh pomegranate seeds for a little color and a little flavor pop, but you can leave them out.
I recently purchased a new food processor. For years I have been without one after my el cheapo model finally blew up. I had been reluctant to buy another low-end model, so I bit the bullet and bought a Cuisinart 7-cup model. I could not have been any happier with my purchase. This food processor is hefty, there’s nothing cheap about it. I’d swear it has a V8 engine in it – there’s nothing it can’t chop, slice or shred.
Also try my garlic butter zoodles with Brussels sprouts and my rittzy Brussels sprouts.
Sauteed Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts fresh, ends cut off, loose leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- To shred the Brussels sprouts it is best to use a food processor. I use the shredding blade and feed the sprouts thru the top tube. You could also cut them thin with a knife or just chop them.
- Add the butter and oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes then add the balsamic vinegar and saute another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pomegranate seeds.
- Season to taste and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.