Cheesy chicken goodness. You’ll love the combination of the great grilled flavor on the chicken and the smoothness of the cheese sauce. This grilled cheesy chicken is a simple, easy-to-put-together dish that will satisfy any appetite.
We had our grilled cheesy chicken over egg noodles, but you could serve it over rice, pasta… or just eat it all by itself! The cream cheese sauce is so good that it is perfect just over noodles as a side dish. Any good white melting cheese will work great in the sauce. Our favorites are Gruyere or Fontina. A combination of your favorites will also be excellent!
Grilled Cheesy Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts if they are particularly thick, I like to butterfly them so they cook evenly and taste better
- 1 batch chicken brine
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheese I used an Italian blend, but mozzarella, Swiss, fontina, or any good melting cheese will work
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- egg noodles cooked per package instructions
- Brine the chicken per instructions.
- Fire up a grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Sear the chicken over direct heat then move to indirect heat to continue cooking to 165 F. Remove from heat.
- Heat chicken stock in a medium saucepan. Do not boil.
- Reduce heat and slowly stir in the cream and mustard. Stir well and continue cooking until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add in the cheese. Stir until melted.
- Serve chicken over noodles with cheese sauce on top.
Nutritional values are approximate.