I love the flavor from roasted vegetables, mostly carrots or Brussels sprouts and sometimes cauliflower. They have such a great sweetness to them. Sometimes I roast canned tomatoes for soups. Or I’ll roast onions as a side dish. And of course, a favorite, roasted garlic. Nothing is as simple as these roasted carrots. And nothing is as tasty.
Roasted carrots were the perfect side for our mushroom pork tenderloin with roasted garlic mashed potatoes. And hey, there’s no law that you have to only roast one vegetable at a time. Toss a few beets in there too. Just make sure they are all about the same size.
Also try my root beer carrots. Root beer makes for an excellent glaze.
I love the flavor from roasted vegetables, mostly carrots or Brussels sprouts and sometimes cauliflower. They have such a great sweetness to them
- 1 pound carrots
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the oil, rotating the carrots to get them coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, rotating once, until the carrots just start to soften. You don’t want them to get too soft – a little crunch is good.
Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 19027IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.