This is an adaptation of my mom’s lasagna, my favorite thing to eat as a kid. I could not stop eating this then, and I cannot stop eating it now.
Is it authentic? Nah. Is it stick-to-your-ribs good? Oh yeah. It also freezes great, which is good because this makes a big ole batch.
My only complaint about this lasagna is that in all my years I have NEVER been able to let it rest long enough to firm up all pretty like for a picture. I have tried and tried, and I just end up cutting off a big ole piece before it gets set up. So, that’s why it sags in the picture. It’s a good sag, though.
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella torn into chunks
- 1 batch of our Italian Meat Sauce for lasagna
Note: Total cook time does not include the time to make the meat sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook noodles per package instructions. Drain well.
- First, spread a little sauce out on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Then, layer the ingredients in the following order. Try to divide the ingredients evenly between each layer, but you don't have to be picky about it. They'll all get gooey melty lovely in the oven.
- Repeat for 3 total layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly hot. Let rest (yeah, right) 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.