This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Boy, oh, boy, I’m not sure how to even describe these little tasty treats. Sure, they’re chocolatey, and peanut buttery, and crunchy, and sweet. The first time you bite into one of these muddy buddies your eyes will get big and you’ll grin from ear to ear. Caution: You’ll want to eat these with someone else in the room to help you stop or they’ll all disappear. My wife took a batch of these to work and they were gobbled up very quickly.
I’ve never had chocolate Chex before. They’re mighty good! And even better when coated in chocolate and peanut butter! These muddy buddies ROCK!
This recipe is based on a recipe from Plain Chicken.
- Place cereal in a large resealable bowl.
- Melt and combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a double boiler. You can also microwave them, in 30 second intervals, stirring often. I prefer a double boiler, I just find it easier to melt everything without over doing it.
- Pour melted mixture over the cereal and fold gently to coat the cereal.
- Sprinkle the cereal with the sugar. Seal the bowl and gently shake and roll the bowl around to coat all of the cereal.
- Place a large piece of wax paper on your countertop. Pour the cereal onto the paper, spreading it out evenly.
- Let cereal cool completely before serving. Serve unused treats in the fridge.
Nutritional values are approximate.